A Van Gogh!

A Van Gogh!
From the artists at ArtWorks945

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting For Mordot

It is funny how greedy I can be. I haven’t yet received an offer for Falling Down Man that I want to pursue and so have been wondering why the Universe has abandoned me.

But that’s crazy! It’s only been a few weeks since the Universe gave me a great gift.

The USPS chucked a spear into Charlie’s painting thereby doubling its value and allowing me trade up along the OJ scale. The Universe couldn’t have given me a clearer sign that getting a Van Gogh is a genuine possibility.

I should be reveling in its generosity.

But instead I already want more.

Of course, I haven’t done two things that I need to do in order to keep the Universe on my side.

I haven’t gone to an MMA class yet even though I feel certain that the Universe wants me to go to at least one.

And I haven’t yet told the Universe what I want.

But…I have laid the groundwork for both of these.

Last night I went to an MMA studio to find out how much the classes are. It’s $100 a month for an unlimited amount of instruction in ass kicking. I am going to go to a class tonight as a trial run.

And I have thought quite a bit about what I want from the Universe.

Charlie’s painting is now worth 4 OJ, which puts me one tenth of the way to a Van Gogh. If I could jump to a 10 OJ painting, I would be one fourth of the way there. And that would be pretty amazing, especially since two significant events are approaching.

The first is the one-year anniversary of the Van Gogh Project.

And the second is the summer solstice.

How awesome would it be to find myself one fourth of the way to a Van Gogh on the summer solstice just one year after starting this project?

I’ll answer that question: it would be pretty fucking awesome.

So, Universe:

I want someone to trade a painting worth 10 OJ for Charlie Spear’s Falling Down Man.
I want someone to trade a painting worth 10 OJ for Charlie Spear’s Falling Down Man.
I want someone to trade a painting worth 10 OJ for Charlie Spear’s Falling Down Man.

If anyone wants to trade a 10 OJ painting for Charlie Spear’s Falling Down Man, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment